Thursday, July 7, 2011

UK 2011





Does anyone check this anymore? Well, here are a few highlights of my trip to south England for the Goodwood Festival of Speed. It was without a doubt the coolest thing ever, ever!! A day of cars running around an old track with a slight upward incline, hay bails for barriers, all for fun. Cars and bikes from the 20's to today. Noisy, crowded, and just incredible.

My host was Claire, a proper English girl who drove me around and made me welcome. I spent Saturday at her Family residence and a block party where everyone sang, played games, and lounged around. What nice people.

5 comments:

Betty said...

I'm glad you had a good time. Was the one car standing on end a statue? Also, the red car, were you sitting in it? And last, not a bad looking guide you had!!

I am disappointed that we aren't staying connected via the blog. I don't get much out of Facebook. Have to click on too many places to get anything--pictures, etc.

Trish said...

Wow Scott-awesome! I love your adventurous spirit! Next trip take your sisters to see England!

Daniel said...

Your anglophilia has reached new levels Scott. Still, I'm glad you had such a good time. Put more pics up.

Kirsten said...

Looks like an amazing trip! Hope I'm able to make it back there some day.

Anonymous said...

I loved your pictures, your account, and I want to go there!!!