Friday, February 20, 2009

Richard Blankenhorn, Funny Guy Part II (Aka Who's Laughing Now?)

Richard fills us in on the not-so-funny stresses of his current schedule:

I have been busy studying for my series 7 exam, which is financial test i have to take to become a broker. I have been studying about 4 hours a night on the weekdays and practically all day on the weekends. I have basically not had a life for the past 2 months. I finally took my preliminary test this past week and passed, but I am not going to take the real test for another few weeks. Once I pass, I'll be training to be a service center broker, meaning I take calls from clients who cannot immediately get in touch with their local branch office, and I'll be traveling 4 to 5 weeks out of the year to branches all across the US. I can't wait to get this over with because I am sick of studying and I hate my current job. I am also kind of nervous because I have heard of brokers getting calls from crazy and angry people. The manager who interviewed me told me there is this guy who constantly calls and is always peeing in a toilet when he calls. I have also heard of people calling who are drunk or who barely speak English and are screaming at you in some other language. It should be pretty interesting. Also, I am going to New York City this weekend to visit some friends and take a breather. I'll try to get you some pictures of the trip. Other than this, I have nothing else going on really. I hope everyone in the Thompson family is doing well and managing through these tough economic times.

-Rich

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Richard...you described most of my "customers"...only I am involved in handing out welfare. Funny how different jobs get the same type of personalities.

You can do it. You are smart but totally disarming in your personality! You will be able to give that puzzled stare of yours (that I just love) to the angry customer. I just laugh when I think of you and Daniel and how even now, as old as you both are, how you are still totally taken by surprise when someone is a jerk.

Have fun on your trip.

Anonymous said...

Richard,
Congratulations on your accomplishment so far. Keep going.

Love,
Grandma

Anonymous said...

Richard is a funny guy. He will do well in the future I am sure!

Daniel said...

Richard,

It seems to me that the perfect way to blow off some of that study steam would be to throw a few jokes our way from time to time. You have a reputation to live up to after all.

Daniel said...

Oh yeah, and you better be giving out hot stock tips to everyone come christmas time.

Anonymous said...

Hey bud -since when do you sign your name Rich? Do you allow people to call you Rich now? I know, better than Dick.

Richard is being humble he got a 02on that prelim test -he is going for 100!

So proud of you - in every way!

Anonymous said...

I meant to type 92 not 02! Sorry Richard.