Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Sarah's Engagement Story

At last, via Sarah:

Ok, ok, sorry it took me so long. Anyway, this is how it happened.

Mom and Mark came down to Springfield on the 6th and 7th to celebrate my birthday. They came down on that Friday night but I had to work so I knew I wasn't going to see them until Saturday morning. Well, work wasn't that busy so they let me go home early. I called Jason from work and he said he had just finished having dinner with my parents. I though to myself--Hmm, ok, you are having dinner with my parents--and I'm NOT there....weird. So, Saturday morning we met up with my parents and we all went down to Branson for the day. While my mom and I were in a store shopping, Jason and Mark were outside the store talking. I'm thinking--What in the world could they possibly be talking about? (Well, fact is Jason was asking my dad if he could ask me to marry him. And that's what he mentioned on Friday night at dinner also.) So when we got back to Springfield I had like 30 minutes until I had to be at work, but Jason wanted to go inside my parents hotel room and sit for a little bit. So I'm sitting on the couch with my parents right there and Jason sits on the couch next to me and says (really loud) "You know I love you, right?" So I think to myself--why is he talking so loud. So I tell him I love him back and he continues by saying "Well, your parents didn't just come down for your birthday. While you and your mom were shopping I was asking your dad a question." So while he was talking he reached into his pocket and pulled out a ring. So I just started balling. I could not believe that this was happening. Then he got down on his knee and asked me to marry him. I just cried and hugged him and finally he was like "Well?" And I said that of course I would marry him!! So, that is the story and now we are engaged. We had talked about it before but I never in a million years thought it would be anytime soon. We don't really know a date yet because I just sent off my applications for my dietetic internships. I won't find out if I am accepted or not until around April. But we really want to have the wedding in the fall. So I will keep everyone updated on all the news although I am really bad about communicating. Attached is a picture of the ring.

5 comments:

Matt Johnson said...

Sarah,

First congratulations!

Second, does Jason know that he is now locked into Thanksgiving with us. It is actually written in the vows; honor and keep you, forsaking all others, and going to Thanksgiving at Grandpa and Grandma's house so help me God....

I'm happy for you two.

Matt

Anonymous said...

Right on Matthew!!

Sarah, that is so wonderful! Jason has done it right. He also has good taste in rings. It is beautiful.

Love you,
Grandma

Anonymous said...

Oh Sarah...I just started crying at my desk thinking about it. My little niece, married. The ring is beautiful! If you should have your wedding the weekend of Thanksgiving, you could celebrate your wedding anniversary with us every year.

Anonymous said...

Very nice. Jason did a nice job. He picked you-Sarah!

Daniel said...

Congratulations Sarah. Now that this guy is husband material we're going to have to vet him a little more thoroughly than we did at Thanksgiving this year. Next year have him meet us out at Grandpa's country house for a few friendly questions, a swinging light or two. Maybe a little waterboarding. You know, nothing serious. It's quiet out there. Too quiet for anybody to hear him scream.