Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Cole's First Day of Kindergarten

Mary let Cole pick out his outfit for the first day of school. We're pretty sure it was the exact same outfit he picked out last year for the first day of preschool. The fake smile is his default.

His teacher is Miss Henry.

Cole already knew a kid in his class from a program that Mary does for the county.

Cole handled it fine. He barely waved. It was bitter sweet for us. Happy for how great a kid he is and sad that we won't have him at home during the day. It's tough letting your kid grow up.


7 comments:

GG said...

Cole, you look so handsome! Watch out for the girls.

Phyllis said...

When Cole and Mary are photographed side by side...wow! They look so much alike.

Cole also got his first library card Monday. I was there to witness it and it was moving. He picked one....second guessed himself...and then asked the counter lady if he could change...and he got the one with a bear on it. It was so cute to see him reading to Titus.
What was funny was the counter lady explained to him twice that the big card was for his pocket and the little one was for his key chain. I heard Cole say to himself, "The little one is for my key chain." I left it alone....

Stephen said...

Always a big day. For parents and child. And you're right--bittersweet. Very cute. But I am most surprised that you didn't ride him to his first day on that powerful sport bike (ala crotch rocket). Live dangerously Matt! Okay...last jab on that. Point made. : ) You all are a very handsome family.

Matt Johnson said...

Can anyone tell me how to block Steve from posting?

scott said...

I can't wait to see Cole and his bro's. Time really flies!

Daniel said...

Cole and Mary really do look a lot alike these days. I can't believe Cole is starting school. I love my nephew!

Anonymous said...

tell me it isn't so! Wow how can he be in kindergarten? He is one fine young man! Aden will be in kindergarten before I figure out how to post pictures on this thing