Monday, August 9, 2010

I have a new grand-bike


Nathan got the bug while riding our scooters and riding on the back of my bike. So he took the Rider's Edge training, sold his Jeep, and bought his first sports bike (I am not allowed to call it a crotch-rocket). As Nathan does, he researched and researched and we just happened across this at the same place I bought my Harley. It's used and was right below Kelly Blue Book so he's pretty happy about that--as well as it's a nice ride. Last night, Karen hopped on the back with me and we three went for a beautiful sunset ride down Rt 66. Wonderful...

BTW--Nathan has his first job interview this Thursday so please pray. He's pretty excited about it as it's a good firm, near enough Champaign and us so he can see Anna and his new bike. Oh, maybe us too. : )

4 comments:

scott said...

The cycle family needs one for Kristen! How about a pink Vespa!?

That's cool Nathan. It's a lot of fun, and taking a course beforehand is a wise move.

Matt Johnson said...

Nathan,

I'll sell you my 2007 Yamaha R6 well under Kelley Blue Book. I don't have time to ride like I use to.

Glad you joined the rider family.

Grandma said...

I'll say you get better gas mileage than you did with the Jeep. A nice looking bike. I am glad to see a helmet near it. That must have been quite a ride, the three of you going down Rt.66.

I did pray for you Nathan and will pray tomorrow. I hope you get the job. Let us know how it went.

Nate said...

Matt,

I might have to take you up on that once I get the funds. That would be an excellent bike to graduate to next year