Thursday, April 1, 2010

Call us crazy...


Yup. We've added another. Only this time he's a big smash face. (We love ugly...)


He's a French Mastiff and we've named him Chumley, after the fat dufus on the reality show Pawn Stars. This guy sits on the bullies but they somehow are liking him/it. He drools a tad but only when it's time to eat. He's so funny... And he's just too big and clumsy to chase the cats. He runs in place on our hardwood floors--the cats know that and love to tease him. They know they can be far gone by the time he's even up and attempting to chase.

Now our only problem is not being noticed. Our community has an ordinance against more than 3 dogs in a house. Good thing we have a fenced yard and a neighbor who likes walking our dogs for us. We'll just say it's hers if asked.

Any takers for house sitting during our next vacation?

10 comments:

phyllis said...

You know the big hit for TLC is the show about hoarding. Week after week they go into homes of people with that disorder. Well the cousin of that disorder is "old lady with 89 cats disorder". It's a slippery slope Stephen....

Seriously, he is cute. I have a puppet character in one of my children's programs who is a dog that was born with a swollen tongue (the puppets tongue hangs out all the time) and it causes him to talk different. The picture of your new dog made me laugh. I can just imagine all the imaginary conversations you verbalize with all your pets. Must be hilarious to be in you and Karen's house.
By the way...talked to Trish and we are coming this summer. We loved Daniels idea and so we are working to get a date for us and all our kids ...and I am sure mom and dad will come and Scott. Your fun party pictures are to much to resist!

Daniel said...

Yeah, he's handsome.

Stephen said...

BTW--Today is April 1. April Fools.

phyllis said...

Stephen...you bratt.

Daniel is the one I don't believe anything from on April 1st (he got me BIG time one year)...and I totally forgot today was it!

Kirsten said...

Ha. Good one!

Mom said...

That was a really god one. I was believing you had gotten another dog and I was trying to figure out what I could say about it. I forgot about April fools.

Daniel said...

I miss Chumley...

phyllis said...

Stephen...now you've got mom all stressed out about saying more on the blog and she spent yesterady trying to think of more to say...

Stephen said...

Funniest thing for me with this, yesterday, was the relative acceptance. No one said, "What, are you insane? Another dog? And a big one?" I just got a lot of niceness and acceptance. Now, making me wonder if I could get away with it. Just don't tell Karen I am thinking about it...

karen said...

Oh no your not! I have enough with 4