Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Michigan Easter

I thought I would post a few pictures from the Johnson-Buys Easter festivities, which included dyeing eggs, living room egg-hunting with Claire and a BBQ with friends, followed by a Kirsten-Claire fun day to kick off her spring break on Monday.




This one was a little tough to find.


She found it!

Homemade Easter egg collecting basket.





(You'll see Daniel's leg in the background... After far too many in the past,
I've vowed to keep photographs of Daniel in sweatpants off of the Internet)

Playing a little Track Ball at the BBQ

Some of our friends have really cute dogs.
(Note: If you have a dog or baby, Claire's all yours for the day)





She made custom drawings for several of our guests. This was my Easter monkey.


The next day, Claire and I had a girls day out. First, we hit up the library, where Claire picked up some books about spiders and a DVD of the 1975 classic "Escape to Witch Mountain."

After scarfing an entire pizza, she still found room for the sundae that came with her lunch.

We stopped at Target to pick up some new summer skirts, then popped over to the theater next door for a matinee of the new 3-D movie, "How to Train Your Dragon."

Still stuffed from lunch, we opted for Ring Pops for our movie snack.

6 comments:

Phyllis said...

I love you Kirsten. I love how you love Claire and the wonderful way you make fun memories with her!

I love the fact she isn't fake smiling but WOW...is she looking older or what? The big birthday is coming.

Kirsten said...

She's pretty easy to love! I love our girl days together - they don't happen enough.

In the last 6 months everything about her seems older, from her opinion about clothes (she just doesn't like shorts this year), her attitude and sense of humor (I said something to her the other night and got a "Whatevs, Buyza") to her sheer size - her newest shoes are 2/3!

But, I love that she still LOVES stuffed animals, is crazy sweet and affectionate with Daniel and will still sing along to cartoons and stuff, just when she seems to have moved onto Hannah Montana forever.

GG said...

Claire, these pictures make me want to see you. You are beautiful! I believe you were having fun, especially eating that sundae.

Stephen said...

Phyllis nailed it. Ditto. Wow. That one pic of her smiling looked like she was exploding with Happy. And she looks taller/older. But very spirited. Hey--send the pugs info. My grandson Charlie pug is looking for an internet date. Was that a girl pug? He's straight. : )

Daniel said...

Claire has no problems in the happy department.

I will check and see if that pug is single.

Kirsten said...

That's Sylvia, recently fixed, recently fully potty trained. I believe she's single. :)