Wednesday, July 28, 2010

31 YEARS! And counting...

We may look more like this than we did a little while ago...



But at least we still hold hands. And love each other!

31 years ago to this exact date, on a very hot July day, I married my sweetheart Karen. Penniless, but in love, we began our journey together. We've had plenty of ups and downs along the way. But we are still together. Maybe not quite as penniless but most importantly still in love.

I was blessed with a wife who obviously didn't marry for money back in 1979, or looks for that matter. And I am still blessed that what's important to her goes way beyond the material.

9 comments:

Mom said...

Oh Steve, You and Karen look great!
Auntie and Uncle John are here and we have had a good laugh. Happy Anniversary! We still remember that day, no air conditioning. But, it doesn't take a cool building for a marriage to stick. Congratulations on this milestone in your life.

scott said...

Happy Anniversary. I am always telling people about my brother who loves his wife so much: the morale is that marriage can work. In your case, very well indeed.

Daniel said...

According to my memories, you guys were a cute couple, even back then.

Congratulations guys.

Kirsten said...

It's posts like these that make me so grateful for this blog. I really feel like I have gotten to know you all so much better and carve out a special place in my heart for you because of that.

(And that's not just the drugs from today's surgery talking!)

Congrats Steve and Karen!

Phyllis said...

Happy Anniversary!

At least in the picture Karen still had hot legs.

Love you two!

sott said...

Kirsten, the drugs are making you sound just like my sister.

Stephen said...

Mom gets an award for clever word play--love it! "Cool building to make a marriage stick", get it? Nice Mom...

Thanks all. Special credit to Karen for putting up with me all these years tho. Work, cycling, art, moving, now biking and art... She keeps me in line.

karen said...

No Stephen, you keep me in line. I couldn't of asked for a better man. Your the best husband and father i am one lucky woman. God has blessed me. I will love you forever!

BTW, phyl those legs in that pic look better than mine!

scott said...

Get a room you two.