Friday, July 23, 2010

Emily at our house recently. Garden stuff.

I forget that what I upload last will show up first. Forgive me Emily. I meant to put your pictures first.

I was told that a crepe myrtle wouldn't live up here. Well, it will. Patsy Thompson gave me this one and it's lived for several years.

This is what happened when I missed picking a cucumber.

If you like pickles, come and see me. I've canned a bunch of them.
Emily was meeting up with her future roommate and came here first. Her roommate lives at Springfield, IL. We sure have some pretty granddaughters.


She liked the darker picture and I liked the lighter one so both got put on.








5 comments:

phyllis johnson said...

Gorgeous! She is so sweet. Scott did a great job...and mom....you played a great role. It is clear that Emily LOVES her grandmother!

Moms voice changes when she tells me Emily stories...you can hear the joy.

Being the baby grandchild of the baby son is a huge responsibility.

(All three of us older sibs have been to counseling and take drugs to deal with knowing Scott was the favorite....it's all good now.)

OK..now that THAT was said, who wants to bet on how mom responded to that...?

My guess is, "OH...I don't have a favorite...well...uh...Leroy, do you know what Phyllis just....."

Ha!! I love you mom.

Daniel said...

Emily, come visit with your brother...

Daniel said...

Mom, stop using the family blog to work through your issues. It's not very double rainbow of you.

phyllis johnson said...

Actually Daniel...Scott is everyone's favorite. He's our baby brother.

Emily Thompson said...

I would love to come visit! Well.. how about YOU come here. I leave for school in 3 weeks,.. :(