Sunday, April 19, 2009

The Great Escape

Titus has been fighting going to sleep lately and so he cries until Mary rocks him to sleep. Because he has been sick, Mary has agreed to his terms. Tonight though, it was time for him to go to sleep on his own.

We placed him in his crib and he acted like he was going to go along with the plan but then he started crying and screaming. I eventually went and got Cole so he could come to our room to hang out because it drives him crazy when Titus just cries and screams.

Cole came to our room and I put on a video on my laptop on my bed. About two minutes later Titus got quiet for a minute. We thought it was working until we hurt a faint bump.

Mary looked at me and said, "Did he get out of his crib?" I said, "No way. If he fell it would have been much louder and the only way it could have been that quiet is if..." At that moment, we heard the little pidder padder of little steps coming down the hallway. Our door was flung open and Titus shot me the evil eye, grunted as he climbed into bed over Mary and he sat next to Cole to watch the movie.

Here's the picture.


To put it in perspective, here's a picture of when we put Titus back in the crib. The bar is pretty high. He is strong, great coordination, and fearless. He not only got out, but lowered himself so that the drop was minimal. The is the same kid that I saw do one arm pull-ups to get candy.


Right after this picture, Mary took him out and rocked him. They are in the room as I type. He won.

3 comments:

Daniel said...

You've got some strong willed boys, Matt.

I see that Cole won as well, he's still rocking a binky.

Also, notice that Titus is touching Mary's stomach. She told us that he loves to do that.

Betty said...

Oh the joys of parenthood!!! These things make for memories, memories to be shared with their girlfriend. It's called, getting even. Well, not really, but they are things you can laugh about later. I love hearing about what takes place with these two precious little ones.

phyllis said...

Titus reminds me so much of Christopher in his determination and physical ability. Christopher could scale or climb almost anything...