Friday, April 3, 2009

Keepin It Real...Chris Johnson Style

Yesterday Troy (team I coach) lost to Rochester 9-8. As much as I hate to lose, loses like this are good cause it shows us were we are week and need to work on. Anyways, after the game I gave my first interview for one of the major newspapers here in Michigan, the Oakland Press. Just a little tid-bit on me if you didnt know, is that I dont beat around the bush and I tell it how it is. They only used one of my quotes at the end of the article, but they told me that I gave one of the best interviews they ever took and said they would come to me more often. People always blast me cause I keep it real and speak what is on my mind. I guess the press doesnt hold every one elses opinion. Here is the excerpt from the paper:

Troy head coach Frank DiVito actually didn’t stick around for the last two innings, as he had to leave to attend to parent-teacher conferences. 

Regardless, assistant coach Chris Johnson spoke for DiVito and the rest of the Colts afterward, saying the early part of the season is just for getting out the kinks. 

“It’s good that games like these happen,” Johnson said. “It sucks that it happens in league play, but at the same time, we’re going for the state championship. That’s what we’re gearing up for. After going (to Battle Creek) last year, you get a taste for it.”


1 comment:

Matt Johnson said...

Nothing changes with Chris. Speaking his mind, bad grammar, etc. I just love the consistency.