Thursday, April 2, 2009

Scott Abroad

Scott posts:

I went on a post-layoff trip to London. I had a blast. I saw the crown jewels for my sister Phyllis. They are amazing. I saw all the famous sites like London Tower, where countless queens and traitors were executed. Saw Westminster Abbey, Shakespeare's Globe. I made a few new friends. Spent my evenings at the local pub "chatting up" the locals who are very friendly.


What I enjoyed most was waking up and walking a few blocks to the British Museum every day, having a breakfast of stewed tomatoes and baked beans. The city is full of history and charm. Much of what we have here (laws, culture, social order) is based on their system, so it felt very familiar. I will definitely go back.





4 comments:

Matt Johnson said...

Sounds like a fun trip. Wish I could have gone.

Balices Pieces said...

I loved London -- spent several weeks there studying in 1999. I was surprised at how amazing I found things like the jewels, the tower, the Globe, etc. The history of that city is so amazing. Makes me want to go back -- 10 years is too long to wait! Glad you had fun.

Balices Pieces said...

ha -- sorry -- that's Kirsten there -- guess I'm still signed into MY family blog!

Mom said...

Good pictures Scott. Glad you enjoyed your time there. How about more pictures?