Saturday, November 15, 2008

The most beautiful thing

I am going to start off first by apologizing to my mom and grandma. I am sorry for what I am about to say, but I know Matt will appreciate it.

Now to my story. Jessica has finally accepted the fact that she is a Johnson and given in to the sarcasm that separates us from other "normal" families. Tonight as we were getting ready to go to the grocery store, I said something to Jessica that was pretty insignificant. She replied in a deep low mocking voice of me " I'm Chris Johnson, I wear my hat backwards."  What made this so beautiful was the fact that it was done in a low mocking voice under her breath so as nobody could hear it except the person it was directed too. Also the thing that she made fun of was something that really wasn't that big of a deal and wouldn't cause any hurt to the person it was directed too. These are two big qualifications off a good mockery. 

I then turned to Jessica and said "Yes! You have finally accepted your place as a Johnson!"  She was mortified, for this is not how she was brought up. But I couldn't have been happier. 

1 comment:

Matt Johnson said...

I actually had a hard time reading all the way through the blog because of the tears flowing from my heart. I am so touched that Jessica has finally crossed over.

Welcome to the family! Feel free to now start teasing everyone else.

As you get started, here are some easy things that will help you begin:

Dan - he knows nothing about sports so tease him often about that. Also, he was fat as a kid.

Mom - she over reacts and blames every disfuntion on the consuming of lead paint (nobody knows why).

Me - I can't dive into a pool...it's weird but it's a total block. Also, my brothers tease me about wearing my mom's clothes as a kid.


Hope that helps!