Monday, February 15, 2010

Jason BACK From the Brink


Complete this sentence. 2009 will be remembered as the year that....
So many things: got engaged, got married, broke my back, found out I was having a child. Its been a good year!

What one event or change defined your year? I don't know, the whole child thing is pretty life-changing

Any run-ins with the law? Yes, found out that the Springfield police department had a traffic ticket from 2007 that they heard nothing about until July of 2009. I want to be involved in law enforcement. I might want to start rethinking that.

Could Daniel possibly get any funnier/more handsome? No. The "pull the plug" thing was pretty funny.

Culture. What was your favorite movie/book/TV show/music artist? I finished the whole series of Band of Brothers. I'm a big fan of Nitro Circus

Did you pick up any new skills this year? I got really good with the Grab-it.

Why do some men have terrible gas all of the time? Seriously, I really need to know. How many times has your spouse, mother, or any other female for that matter told you, Are you really going to eat that. I think that may be why.

Name your best outing of the year (Sarah's wedding and Thanksgiving at Grandma and Grandpa's don't count).
Feb. 7, the day that I asked for Sarah's hand in marriage.

What was your most embarrassing moment?
I don't really get embarrassed. If it's an emabarrassing situation I am usually the one laughing the loudest.
Did you make any new year's resolutions? Yes. To follow through with things in life.

Did you know that Phyllis talks to her plants? Apparently they never talk back to her. What do you think about that?
No comment. I still love you Phyllis.

Are there any plans for 2010 that you're really looking forward to? I am going to be a daddy - very nervous but still looking forward to it.

4 comments:

Phyllis said...

I love you Jason.

It was good to see your face on the blog...holding your sweetie. Parenting will come natural and it will be the most awesome experience. You will never be the same once you hold that baby.
EVERYTHING shifts! You can't even fathom how much you will love your child!
And the weird thing...once you experience that deep love....then you will go "Ah...that's how much my parents love me...I get it now."

Daniel said...

I like that you thought the "pull the plug" thing was funny. That's a good sign.

Congratulations on the new baby! Don't take it up on any roofs.

Stephen said...

Welcome to the family--and it's odd humor! : ) Pulling the plug...

As for a baby...just remember what my son tells me all the time (great parenting advice from a kid)= "Remember, I'll pick your nursing home some day..." Sort of keeps your decisions in check. : )

Grandma said...

You both look great. As for becoming parents, it is an awesome responsibility but a wonderful blessing.