Thursday, February 11, 2010

Lola Thompson

Complete this sentence. 2009 will be remembered as the year that....


The year that, like, my nemesis Lily got to, like, sleep upstairs with mom and Elmo...while I had to like stay downstairs on the couch. But I got the last laugh--2009, my family will remember as the year of "what's that smell?" when they come downstairs after a night in their luxurious bed.


What one event or change defined your year?

Kristen, like gave me this new doo. Like, drives the boxers and mastiffs crazy. I am the Dolly Parton of the dog world, for sure. I look better than that lady with blue hair on PTL network, or whatever...


Any run-ins with the law?

How did you know to ask that? Just, like, don't tell my dad as he will send me to my crate without a trial. He can be so mean...

Could Daniel possibly get any funnier/more handsome?

Nope. He reminds me of a real cute bloodhound I saw at the dog show. Ooh, what a hunk!

Culture. What was your favorite movie/book/TV show/music artist?

Well, like, I can't read. But I love to chew mom's books. And as for TV, the puppy bowl was, so, like, so hilarious this year. And I love Caesar Milan, the dog whisperer. He always has hot boys on there--bad boys--like, LOL!

Did you pick up any new skills this year?

I learned to let my stinkers on demand. I can clear a room faster than my dad. And that's, like, sayin somethin.

Why do some men have terrible gas all of the time? Seriously, I really need to know.

Men? Oh...hmmm...well, Otis can let some silent but deadly bombs too. And Lily...yeah, like Lily is the one stinkin our house up mom, not me. I'm just sayin...

Name your best outing of the year (Sarah's wedding and Thanksgiving at Grandma and Grandpa's don't count).

When Grandma and Grandpa T were at my house I came this close to, like, nailing that Lily. If mom hadn't shut that door in my face I'd have, like, ripped her to shreds. I can't stand that little mutt! But that was a highlight. And again, like when I got my pigtails done by Kristen...yeah, like that was so hot.

What was your most embarrassing moment?

When mom dressed me up for Halloween. Again. Every year...so, like so humiliating.

Did you make any new year's resolutions?

Eat more. Sleep more. Walk on the treadmill less. Teach my dad some new tricks. Get that Lily. Teach Elmo to walk on wood floors and not freak. Eat the remote again so Otis gets blamed.

Did you know that Phyllis talks to her plants? Apparently they never talk back to her. What do you think about that?

Really? Oh, like that's sooo cool! My mom talks to me but before I can answer she talks for me...like as if I talk like that. She'll carry on conversation forever as if I would say those things. I worry about her. And when she talks to Lily she acts like, well...like Lily this, Lily that...Lily you're so sweeeet, yuk! Oh, and you should hear what she says about dad when he's not here...he he... If only I could talk. LOL!!!!!

Are there any plans for 2010 that you're really looking forward to?

Camping. I love camping! Mom has always taken me and I love it. I get to bark nonstop at all the hot males and those, like cheap tramp females--there's this, like, Golden that thinks she owns the campground but I tell her what what. And I want to see my dad more so mom will blame him for all my stinkers.

Did you hear about Thompson-a-thon? It's a four-day event at Stephen and Karen's this summer. There'll be bulldog races (complete with a bookie), a Johson-boys Wrestlemania (you can bet on this too), and full sets on Stage A by artists such as Cole, Claire and Sepporah. Also, Stephen has agreed to paint everybody's portrait, in life-size, for free, using pointilism. It's going to be a hoot and a half.

Oh no you didn't...bulldog races? What do you think...like, that we can run? Plus, no way fat O is going to run. He just jumps up and down like a bronco billy...fool. And Elmo only runs from his shadow so, like...uh uh...aint no races. Except maybe Lily running from me.

8 comments:

Mom said...

That is really funny stuff Steve. But one needs to know Lola, how she walks the treadmill and how she has to be kept from Lily to fully appreciate it. I agree with Phyllis, we have some funny men in our family.

Phyllis said...

For some reason I think this is Karen.... I saw that picture on Kristen's blog...among many other dressed up dog shots...but Kristen has already answered. I'm thinkn' Karen is behind this.

Phyllis said...

Whoever it is...we know its from Steve's witty family.

Karen Thompson said...

Its Stephen's work of course, So funny. I think we need lillys side of the story

phyllis said...

Ok..let's hear Lilly's side.

Stephen said...

This is Lily (dad translating): I have no idea why Lola hates me. All I do is run around non-stop wanting to play. I sometime tire and want to snuggle...I think Lola is jealous. Just because I am Mom's favorite doesn't mean she should be a hater. Lola wants me to obey her but Mom is the only lady I'll ever submit to--cause she has a can full of coins she shakes at me when I'm naughty and it scares me to death. I also think Lola is jealous cause Fat O likes playing with me more. Otis is not the brightest dog on the block but I let him think he can out wrestle me enough to keep playing. And my half bro Elmo (wimp that he is) protects me from Lola and that makes her even madder. I have him so wrapped around my paw. So my side is Lola is like the ladies on the reality shows--if you know what I mean. Can you say 'Ho'? Oh yeah...Lola, you is a big (edited by Dad). But seriously, I am just a little cutie who deserves all the attention--Grandma T even likes me best. So Lola...live with it. Get over yourself and go back to your spot on the couch and leave me be. Otay?

karen said...

he he says i talk for the animals? :)

Kristen said...

Wow...my family is the best, and strangest, but thats why I love them. Oh and by the way dad, If lola could really talk I think she would talk like a cranky old jewish lady with a new york accent, not a valley girl :)