Sunday, February 14, 2010

"Stephen and Karen" by Kristen


I just wanted to take a moment on Valentine's Day to write a little something about the best marriage, and the two most amazing people in my life, Karen and Steve(phen), haha.


After my dad's illness, my mother showed what a strong, loving wife really is. She fought for my father, and was such a rock when all was crumbling down. That hard time really showed her true colors, and showed how much she loves and adores my dad. My mother would do anything for my dad, and loves him with all her heart, but has taught me the importance of never losing yourself in a relationship. My mom is strong willed, sometimes stubborn, but very intelligent. She is an amazing wife, mother and grandma to my dog! I love her very much, and aspire to be the same mother and wife that she has been someday when I get married and have children.


My father is very strong, intelligent, creative and a man of integrity. He loves my mother very much, and would do anything for her as well. I can always tell by his words and actions how much he loves my mother, and I can tell when they are together that he still loves her just as much now as he did on their wedding day. Oh, and I’ve seen the little love text messages he sends my mom too - they are so sweet. He is a great husband, loving father, and a very talented person. I really look up to my dad; he has good values and is very wise.


I love both of my parents very much, and even though they kind of make me want to gag when they hold hands and act all lovey dovey in public, I know that their love is as real as it gets, and that is rare to find. I have been lucky to grow up witnessing such a beautiful love story, and hope to create one like theirs someday. So mom and dad, here’s to another 20+ years of Valentines days together. I love you both!!!!!!!


Kristen

5 comments:

Kirsten said...

That is the sweetest thing I have read in a really long time. *Tears*

So sweet. And so lovely to know your folks, even as little as I do.

phyllis said...

Beautiful. Kristen...you really did receive a great gift in your mom and dad's marriage. I have always loved how they love each other. It's rare and it is a treasure. I hope you find the same gift in life.

Stephen said...

Awww....sweet, and thanks Kristen. I do love your mother--she gave me you after all, as well as a lot of great years. I still remember EXACTLY the first moment I saw her. It was love at first sight--literally. Every time I see her I see that same little sly spark she sent my way at that first greeting. My life has been quite wonderful thanks to her. And you, and Nathan and all the critters that have spent time with us. Our ThompsonZoo is a special place--and mostly thanks to Karen. Love you all family!

Grandma said...

Where was the picture taken? There's no snow. Anyway, Kristen you did a nice job writing about your parents. That must have made Valentine's Day extra special for them.

karen said...

That was the sweetest thing anyone has ever said about us and it makes me proud it came from my daughter! I am a very lucky wife and mother. Thank you