Sunday, February 7, 2010

Kristen Thompson For Real


What one event or change defined your year?
Moving to Edwardsville.

Any run-ins with the law?
Yeah right, I'm an angel!

Could Daniel possibly get any funnier/more handsome?
I'm not sure, haven't seen him in a million years.

Culture. What was your favorite movie/book/TV show/music artist?
Movie would have to be District 9, book is She's Come Undone by Wally Lamb, and favorite music artist obviously Lady Gaga.
Did you pick up any new skills this year?
Learning a lot about Photography and Photoshop.. .Oh and how to stop being a slob :):)

Why do some men have terrible gas all of the time? Seriously, I really need to know.
Tell me about it... Something is seriously wrong with their digestive systems.

Name your best outing of the year (Sarah's wedding and Thanksgiving at Grandma and Grandpa's don't count).
White trash bash for my dad's birthday.

What was your most embarrassing moment?
I don't remember, I tend to embarrass myself often though, haha.

Did you make any new year's resolutions?
To go back to school, and add lots of new pictures to my photo blog www.thompsonsk.blogspot.com.

Did you know that Phyllis talks to her plants? Apparently they never talk back to her. What do you think about that?
It's cool, and perfectly normal because I talk to my dog and I talk back for him.
Are there any plans for 2010 that you're really looking forward to?
Looking forward to Spring and Summer and taking lots of pictures.
Did you hear about Thompson-a-thon? It's a four-day event at Stephen and Karen's this summer. There'll be bulldog races (complete with a bookie), a Johson-boys Wrestlemania (you can bet on this too), and full sets on Stage A by artists such as Cole, Claire and Sepporah. Also, Stephen has agreed to paint everybody's portrait, in life-size, for free, using pointilism. It's going to be a hoot and a half.
I'll be there for sure. Don't forget about Charlie Buckets the pug, he'll be rockin' it out!!!!!!

13 comments:

Daniel said...

I love the blog Kristen. I guess I didn't know that you were into that. Your stuff is really beautiful. Thanks for the link.

Kristen said...

Thanks Daniel!! Im glad you liked it :)

phyllis said...

I love YOU Kristen.

I am going to check out your blog as soon as I click off here.

Looking forward to this summer at your place.

Betty said...

Good answers Kristen! And a good picture. I have such pretty granddauthters. I couldn't get to your blog. I tried and tried but it wouldn't come up.

Love you,
Grandma

Daniel said...

Hey guys,

Sorry about the link error. The link to Kristen's blog has been fixed. Check it out.

Grandma said...

Kristen,

Those are some incredible pictures. You surely will make some money from your photography. I also enjoyed reading what you wrote. I wanted to leave a comment but don't know how to do it.

Kristen said...

Thank you Grandma! I really enjoy photography, so Im glad you liked my pictures :) I will update it often.

scott said...

Wow Kristen. The black and white photography is stunning. Nice work.

Stephen said...

Kristen is a Karacter. : ) Full of life...since a little girl. Seems like yesterday she was making movies and doing ppt's for school projects. Now photography. Always creative. I love my little big girl.

phyllis said...

Isn't the creative gene in our family interesting?

You see it's thread running through the grandkids and now the great grandchildren.

Steve's kids had it coming both ways with Karen being creative and full of zest and Steve's artistic ability...my goodness. Amazing.

I'm telling you...we should have all known when we looked at mom's table made out of acrylic and rocks that being creative was going to be in our genes. We all express it in different ways, Trish with interior decorating/Christmas trees, Steve with art and interest in music and Scott with writing and making music. Lots to celebrate!

Mom said...

And Phyllis' ability to work with children the way she does. Incredible!

Kirsten said...

Your pictures are beautiful!

And I love "She's Come Undone." That's always one of my stand-by recommendations when someone's looking for something to read. It's been several years though, so it might be time to revisit. (Or FINALLY get to Lamb's "I Know This Much is True")

Kristen said...

I just read "I know this much is true" its AMAZING!!! You gotta read it pronto.