Friday, June 27, 2008

Blankenhorns Represent!

To carry us into the weekend we've got a new person in the family chiming in, somebody who I've been wanting very much to get in on the blog because of his... how you say... ah, yes... unique sense of humor. That's right. Richard Scott. In this update we learn about the cutthroat world of high finance, unbridled bachelorism and chronic video game addiction, as well as being treated to some truly corny jokes. And, as always, I reserve the right to crack wise in brackets.

I'd also like to point out, speaking as a professional copy editor, that Richard's written grammar skills are basically impeccable. Who knew?

Ladies and gentlemen, give it up for Richard. SCOTT. BLAAAAAAANKENHOOOOORN!!!!

Richard writes:

Right now I am working at Scottrade [See, he's already got them to name the place after him. I'm telling you, world takeover, this guy.] and living with my college roommate in a duplex, a few miles from downtown St. Louis. I recently took the CFA exam and am going to start earning my masters in finance come August. My hobbies include Cardinals baseball, golf, and my latest obsession: European football [That's "Soccer" to the rest of us - ed.], particularly Chelsea FC. I recently took a trip to Boston to visit a friend and to see the Cardinals play the Red Sox at Fenway Park. I am also going to Chicago in late August to see the Cards vs. the Cubs. A bunch of old friends from highschool and I take a trip to Chicago every year for a Cards vs. Cubs series. [So.... you're saying you like the Cardinals?] Other than sports, I love hanging out with my friends, playing poker, watching movies, playing xbox 360 online (although I usually get dominated by kids that are half my age, it's really annoying), studying, working out, and trying not to spend too much money since I'm practically broke. The last movie I saw was Indiana Jones, but I have to say I was pretty disappointed [for more on this, I'm going to allow Chris to write a whole post on his fury at the new Indiana Jones. Dude was heartbroken.]. Oh, another interest of mine is really corny jokes.....and here are a few examples:

1. Did you hear about the two antennas that got married? It was quite an affair. I wish I could have attended because I heard that, while the ceremony was ok, the reception was absolutely phenomenal.

2. Did you hear that Chuck Norris destroyed the periodic table? Apparently the only element he believes in is the element of surprise.

3. Did you hear about the Indian that drank 50 gallons of tea? Apparently they found him the next morning lying in his own tea pee.

4. A sandwich walks into a bar and the bartender says, "I'm sorry, but we don't serve food here."

I don't know why but these sort of jokes crack me up. But seriously, joking aside, I am having a great time living on my own, close to the city, with no strings attached.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Richard Scott,

That made me want to hug you. I can just see your sheepish blue eyes and that cute grin in my mind ...and feel your gentle heart through your writing.

I am soooo proud of you!!

If you want to come and see Matthew and Christopher play baseball, I have a guest room...and I would cook for you.

The only joke I have ever been able to remember is the one dad told our whole childhood..."Know how to lose ten pounds of ugly fat? Answer: Cut off your head."

You come from fine stock Richard.

Anonymous said...

My man Richard!