Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Welcome, Crazy Thompson Family

So I've decided the Thompson family needs a home base on the Web (Grandma, I'll explain to you all about the internet privately...) and I've taken it upon myself to create us a blog.

In short, Thompsons (you) will send me pictures, stories, audio and video files at my email address - black.pianos@gmail.com - and I will post them here. Then, whenever you feel like seeing what the rest of your clan is up to, you can, by going to: thompsonmadness.blogspot.com

The important thing to remember is that you will NOT get a notification that there has been a new update to the site. You're responsible for checking it yourself. If you're reasonably computer-friendly (i.e. the opposite of my mom) you can get up-to-the-minute notifications by subscribing to the RSS feed of this site. The rest of you old-schoolers can just write down the url on a sticky note, paste it to the front of your computer monitor, and try to remember to check back periodically.

That's about it.

Okay, to get things started off in style, here are some pictures of Claire and I taken this past Father's Day, just before leaving for the park. Behind us is my new ride, a 2000 Jeep Cherokee that I just bought to replace the car I totaled last month. It's a sweet vehicle, but it has a million miles on it and I'm just enjoying it while it lasts.





6 comments:

Chris Johnson said...

I cant tell which one is Dan and which one is Claire in these pictures??!

Anonymous said...

In spite of the public humiliation on the first blog...the comment about my computer skills...I love it! Great idea. Do you know one of saddest realities of my life is that I have NEVER been able to find a ladies hat that fits my head. I resorted to buying a man's large in the Smokies one year.

I am going to Detroit this weekend to be at Christopher and Jessica's wedding and we should all have a wonderful time. Maybe I will get a picture of all four grandchildren together....you have to see the one and only picture I have of the four to know this is a huge desire of mine. Anyway...I am thrilled that Jessica is added to our family. She is as sweet on the inside as she is beautiful on the outside. I love how she loves Sepporah and Christopher. They are a beautiful family.

Anonymous said...

ok...I typed in my name and it came up "anonymous".....

Hey...as soon as I can have Matthew teach me how to do it I will post pictures. Come on Steve, and Scott... Mark....you guys know how...send us pictures of the kids.

Phyllis

Daniel said...

The way it will work mom, is that people can send me their pictures and I'll post them.

Seriously, mom, one of the saddest realities of your life has to do with getting a photo of the grandkids? I think you're not digging deep enough on that one. I can think of a few hair styles over the years that ought to rise to the top of the list.

Anonymous said...

I think this is a great idea and I have tried to leave comments but haven't been able to. So, we will see if this one gets on. I have sent pictures and they aren't on. Tell me what I am doing or not doing.

Grandma

Anonymous said...

if thats a 4 liter in that cherokee, it'll last another million miles