Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Steve? Hey, It's Steve.

This was in a letter Stephen wrote to my mom. I hope he won't mind me putting it here:

So did you hear that Steve Jobs, of Apple, called me? A friend contacted him
because he had the same diagnosis and lack of treatment as me. She didn't
think he'd ever respond but he did--asking for my number. And last Friday he
called me and we spoke for about 5-7 minutes. I was shocked--but encouraged.
Seems we're a minority with this disease and I guess he felt good about
sharing insights with another like himself. He basically gave me advice
about pacing myself, eating, doctors, digestion, enzymes, etc. I was pretty
skeptical after the call--thinking someone was playing a joke on me--but he
was way too knowledgeable about my type of cancer. He was either a doctor or
really Steve Jobs. But I listened to a speech he gave with my eyes closed
and I am sure the voice matched--it was him. How cool is that?

No comments: