Saturday, June 21, 2008

Grandma vs. Daniel: AND GRANDMA TAKES IT!

As most of you know, the rivalry between Grandma and I in Scrabble is intense. My obsession with Scrabble began with playing her at Thanksgiving, when I was just a mushy-headed pre-teen. In the early days she had the advantage over me and won most of those games. But in time, the pupil surpassed the master and now I'm far more likely to kick Grandma's butt than the other way around. And I'm not afraid to talk trash either.

Thanks to the wonder of the internet we've now been playing long-distance games, using the Scrabulous application. To be honest, it hasn't been pretty. She's come close a few times, but for the most part I've been brutally smearing her with deft combinations of words and brilliantly strategic letter tile usages. I guess I should feel bad, but I don't.

However. HOWEVER. Today, let the record state. Grandma took me down 341 to 314. And here's the screen grab to prove it.



Notice the bit of taunting I was doing in the comments field on the right. That's called psychological warfare.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had the courge to let the family know that your grandma beat you at a game of scrabble. They know how serious we both are about that game. When you beat me, I can just take comfort in knowing that I taught you. Right?

Grandma