Tuesday, August 26, 2008

And... We're Back

Yesterday was the first day since the blog began (not counting weekends) that there was no post. And I bet some of you had a heart attack because of it. Do you see what I've done to you? The ways I've spoiled you?

The reason for this is that I was a moving machine. For about 4 days straight now Kirsten and I have been moving and uninstalling and reinstalling all of Kirst and I's possessions as we've moved from our old house to our new house (big ups to Chris, who helped me with the big truck load Saturday). And can I just say, the new house rules! It's even better and bigger than I realized. But there is a price to pay for all this moving and my body is on fire. The good news is that it will all be over soon. One or two more strong days of this and we should be totally moved in.

So today I asked Claire to deliver a message to the Thompson family. As you can see, my efforts to tickle the silly out of her have been in vain. I'll just have to keep trying.

4 comments:

Chris Johnson said...

Ohhhhhh.....it kind of reminds me of the day when daniel was 5 and said his very first words which gave mom her first night of sleep where she didnt have to cry herself to sleep cause she thought daniel was retarded.

Chris Johnson said...

ok....I think claire is adorable....in no way shape or form was i making fun of her....i was simply using this opportunity to bring up a funny (true) story of daniel....jessica was afraid people would think i was making fun of claire....once again....claire= adorable.....dan= mentally challenged as a young kid

Anonymous said...

I was laughing so hard at these comments. Our family (being the Johnson brothers) is so screwed up in how we communicate...but it is funny as can be.

Daniel said...

Mom stopped crying herself to sleep on my account when I was three and spoke my first word. In the following 29 years she's cried herself to sleep about Chris instead.