Friday, August 29, 2008

Matthew Gets Mushy

Mary turns 30 today and I would like a chance to tell all of you the obvious...Mary is an amazing person, mom, wife and friend. Here are my favorite attributes of Mary:
  • She is in private exactly who she is in public (polite, loving, gentle, etc.)
  • She is the most amazing mom in the world. It always touches me how happy she is to see the boys in the morning even after Titus has woke up at least 4 times throughout the night. The boys never seem to be a nuisance to her. The boys are so well behaved and taken care of. She really is the best mom!
  • She is a hard worker all the time. I actually respect this attribute and hate it at the same time. Do you know how much pressure it is to live with someone that works hard ALL THE TIME?!
  • In seven years of marriage and eight years of dating prior to that, she has NEVER raised her voice at me or said anything mean spirited. That's not easy to do with anyone...especially me.
  • And my favorite quality of Mary is that she loves God more than anything. I know she is instilling in our boys the characteristics of God by modeling it for them everyday.

Mary is my best friend and I just wanted you to know how great she is. She has impacted my life in more ways than she could ever know and I really didn't deserve to get her. I always tell her that I tricked her.

Happy Birthday Mary!

Matt

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Matthew, we all agree that you got blessed when you met and married Mary. Our family got blessed too!

Grandma

Stephen said...

Matt--she's rubbed off on you, just so you know. In a great way. There's a calmness with all in your family and I imagine it's because of Mary. Happy B-day Mary.