Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Update on Trish

Trish sits down with Thompson Madness to give us an update.

On Jack (who has been sick):

We just got back from the vet – he is a whopping 9 lbs. (prednisone induced) they drew his blood so we will see! He is the king of the house and doesn’t let you forget it! We are going to Mexico next week and RS will be the caregiver. It’s like running a nursing home for a dog. You have to mush up his food since he has no front teeth, and give him his pills and make sure the chux are down in case he cannot make it outside. But he still brings great joy. And that face, he is still quite the chick magnet. When Mark is in town, he and Jack go to Starbucks every morning. They know them by name. If I am, around forget it. It’s the gorgeous round eyes just like a baby. They gush all over him.

On her job:

I have no life - I work long days. I like the mental stimulation, yet I hate sitting behind a computer. Sometimes I think bed pans aren’t so bad after all. At least you get to get up and move around. I’m just putting in time for the nest egg thing and the joy of blessing my kids now and then.

On decorating:

I am currently re-decorating the interior of our main church campus. It’s a BIG job and the pay is ugh…well there is no pay. I had two women call me just this week but I have no time. The hardest part is making up my mind – I could work with any color scheme and have a great time. I am proposing a radically different look from what they have had, we will see what they decide. It is my fun! When this project is done it will be time for CHRISTMAS TREES!

I wanted to add a new tree this year. Sarah got me started with some pink goodies! I am thinking pink, pink, pink. I need Grandma Thompson’s silver Christmas tree!


On Germany
:

Ah land that I love. Due to a new computer system being implemented at work, there is a black out period for time off at work and it happens to be during the time of the Germany outreach. Germany wanted the outreach to be in the fall this year vs. summer. That, and the fact that our pastor resigned and the church is in flux we pulled out of the outreach (I am on the search committee). Mark is going over in November to discuss the relationship between Calvary and Leipzig going forward. We love the country and the people. The church there is running around 300 now. That is the equivalent of Saddleback church here.


On the house:

At this point I could give it away. I am ready for that condo or villa! The garden is more glorious than ever and that is my joy. When the market begins to recover we will transition (he says – I will believe it when I see it. Mark loves this house.)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Going to see Aunt Trish is always tops for Gabe and Em. She has a full fridge!! Has chocolate from Germany. The cool dog. And the house! We love the house. I wish I would have moved down there years ago when I had the chance.

Anonymous said...

Trish's house is my favorite house ever. Trish is all about making people feel welcome and nurtured in her home. She has great taste and a big heart. I am with Scott. I wish the whole family could transition to the St Louis area. It has everything! Wouldn't it be fun to live close to each other...
On a more fun note...I had my colonoscopy today and I am fine.
How's your's Scott?

Daniel said...

Yeah, the shower in Trish's house alone makes it worth the price of admission. I think there were six shower heads in that bad boy.

Anonymous said...

I guess it is that time of year, colonoscopy time! Good for all of you! I have mine in October.

Tell Gabe and Em it is also pecan time and the trees are getting ready to drop, and they are loaded this year! A squirrels dream come true!

I would welcome all of you moving here. We could have some really great alley parties! Hey,we could drive each other to our colonoscopies! Glad everything came out OK no pun intended! Seriously, it would be nice to live close.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad Jack is still alive. He is such a sweet dog. Jack, let them keep pampering you. Us old one need it.

He is like Auntie and me. Age makes us need some repairs. She had gallbladder surgery yesterday morning and I had cataract surgery today. Both of us are still kicking.

I'm glad Phyllis that you got a good report from your colonscopy test. Scott is getting one. Steve had his first blood work up done yesterday. No news from him yet as to the results.