Monday, October 13, 2008

Daniel Musica

As some of you might know, one of the things I've been trying to do freelance is compose music for commercials and film. And the best way to get work is to have examples of your previous work, which is referred to in the business as a "reel." And these days, the best format to have your reel on is a web-based one, so people don't have to mess with CDs or Tapes - they can just click a link.

I've been accumulating content for my reel the past year with a few things I've had placed as well as a few things I've composed on spec. ("Spec" is short for speculation, which just means that it's a demo of what I could do given some visuals and a client directive.)

If anybody would like to take a look at my reel, you can here:

www.danielmusica.com

The Vid Reel has the best stuff. The audio reel is still being added to and only has instrumental versions of songs from my forthcoming solo record.

I also created the website myself, from scratch, using no web-creation tools and just good old fashioned code. This makes me one of three people left on the planet still creating web sites this way. I'm like the Amish version of a web designer, except that I use electricity...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

how about a live link (on your website)to the "cruel black dove" song you reference. I want to hear it.

Anonymous said...

Daniel you are something else! If I had an ounce of this creativity I would be proud! Now I am with Scott - you have peaked my interest -can we hear a song? Or do we need to pay? I'll barter CPR or health advice for listening! I still have all those Christmas CDs -do we get to expect one this year? Love you

Stephen said...

How about some clever wordplay in your songs? Usage $$$ rights are by the word so the more you can cram in the better.

Anonymous said...

Wow son..I had to wait until I was home to listen to your music because I don't have sound at work.
I loved it. I actually would have given anything to hug you right after I read your bio. You were such a fun kid to raise. And if I might add...I love the facial hair.
I am so proud of you.