Friday, October 17, 2008

Two Truths and a Lie - Stephen Thompson

Everyone needs to remind their family to get on the blog and vote. Parents should nag their kids and spouses should nag each other.

Stephen Thompson

I went to a Mariah Carey meet-and-greet in downtown Chicago. I did not get in line to have my picture taken with her though. There were too many geek fans crying and sweating in line so I just sat there and watched the mayhem. She is much shorter in person.

I saw Jeff Beck, Willie Nelson, Cheryl Crow, John Mayer, Los Lobos, Vince Gill, Robert Cray, Eric Clapton, Allison Krauss, Johnny Winter, BB King, Buddy Guy, Robert Randolph, and Bill Murray all in one day in Chicago.

I have been married 29 years. I have two kids. I've owned 5 homes, 8 dogs, countless cats, 10 cars, and 3 trailers. I've worked at 7 agencies in 5 different states. I've been laid off twice. Along the way I've met Micky Mantle, Joe Montana, and Bill Monroe.

16 comments:

Matt Johnson said...

I still need a lot of you to send me your two truths and a lie.

Anonymous said...

OK...this game should really be called psych out....there is so much psychology involved.

Poor Mary. She is sweating trying to think of three crazy things...

Anonymous said...

# 3 is the lie.

Anonymous said...

I believe No. 3 is the lie. Part of it is the truth but I don't believe you met Bill Monroe.

Chris Johnson said...

Number 1....i heard mariah carey is like 7 feet tall.

Anonymous said...

I know Kristen went to a meet and greet so that's probably partially true. I go with 3/C as the lie. Bill Monroe died in 1996 so that has to be it.

Anonymous said...

who in the world is Bill Monroe?

Daniel said...

The mariah carey meet and greet seems obviously false, but Steve is too clever for that. But, having said that, I feel like he would want me to pick 3 then, because it's the one with the most seemingly normal bits. So I'm going with 2, based on reverse-reverse psychology.

Anonymous said...

Daniel...you fell for it.
Three was designed to SEEM like the most normal one.....

Anonymous said...

Phyllis,

Bill Monroe was a blue grass singer who played a mandolyn and probably guitar. From my era.

Mom

Anonymous said...

Hm, I say 3

Kirsten said...

I'm going to go with 3 as well...

Anonymous said...

I say #3

Anonymous said...

i'll go with number 1 because we all know he was dying to get his picture taken with her

Anonymous said...

I'm going with #3 as the lie. I'm not so sure you own 10 cars.

Jessica Johnson said...

Since I have no clue... I'm going with the most "normal" one, #3.