Thursday, October 23, 2008

Two Truths and a Lie - Grandma

Grandma

1. When we were on the Holy Land trip in the late 70's, I went with a few others in our group to the old city of Jerusalem. Trish wanted me to bring her a purse and time was running out on getting it. I got lost from my group and I panicked. To my utter surprise, a friend from high school days saw me. She was with a different group I had not seen her for years but she recognized me and when I told her my dilemma, she helped me find my group. Big relief, to say the least. Oh, and yes, I did get a purse for Patricia.

2. I used to roller skate with friends on the streets near our house at Pocahontas when I was a teenager. We would hold hands and when one fell, it was bad news for the others. I fell many times and hurt my knees. That probably accounts for my bad knee today.

3. I started to school when I was four years old. I think I was about 7 or 8, when my teacher lost a $10.00 bill on the school yard. I found it and he bought me a pair of overalls (or bibs) as a reward. A bit of an odd reward, but I liked them.

11 comments:

Chris Johnson said...

I'm sorry, I cannot vote on this one. Grandma does not lie nor has she ever told a lie. I am boycotting this one.

Chris Johnson said...

SIKE!!!........2

Daniel said...

I'm going with three. And I have to say that it's painful to watch Grandma lie.

Anonymous said...

all this from the lady that hates Hulkleberry Finn/Tom Sawyer because of the lies...

Kirsten said...

Tough... I'm going to go with 3 also.

Anonymous said...

#2 IS THE LIE

Stephen said...

#2. I am pretty sure her knee pain is from playing basketball not skating.

Anonymous said...

number 2, and did you know the first patented roller skate was introduced in 1760?

Anonymous said...

I can't see grandma wearing overalls..ever. So I'll say 3.

Anonymous said...

I vote 2.

Jessica Johnson said...

I'm going to say #2.