Thursday, October 30, 2008

Two Truths and a Lie - Trish Mueller

I only have a couple left. I will post mine on Monday and then I only have two left (Steve wrote them for Aunt Karen and Kristen which isn't exactly the plan and we should all make them feel guilty about it...) and then I'm out. So unless the others send me theirs (Mark, Richard, Sarah, Gabe, and Emily) then the game is almost over.


Trish Mueller

1. While in Switzerland a young man enjoyed himself at the village pub a bit too much and fell off his bunk in the middle of the night injuring himself. Some of the other residents called me to his room and with 100 eyes watching, a spelunking light on my head, crouched under the bottom bunk, and without a first aid kit of any type, I improvised and cleaned his many wounds and put his almost totally severed ear back and secured it by wrapping a clean shirt torn into strips around his head like a mummy. The following day we drove him 30 miles up the mountain to the closest physician who sutured the ear back in place, stitched his other open wounds, and set his broken bones.

2. Having one day off a week, yet wanting to see as much of Europe as I possibly could my friend and I rose way before dawn to cross the alps into Italy; destination Milan; goal to see the painting of “The Lord’s Supper” . Arriving at the church we discovered the only showing left with tickets was the last showing of the day. No problem lots to see and do and a great subway system to get us there! Day done and only minutest to spare, we sprinted off the subway into the train station to catch the train home. We were met by a party of several policemen who inspected our subway tickets. Not knowing you did not have to revalidate your subway ticket at every juncture we had macerated ticket stubs. The police decided to make us an example exposing our fraud of using the same ticket over and over (anyway we think that was what it was). Unable to communicate at all I finally comprehended the small sum of 50euro would get us off. Paying up we caught our train aware money is a universal tool/language.

3. The kids and I tagged along with Mark on a business trip to Boston. We saw the sights by day while he worked. (Very scary as I have no sense of direction) Catching a train back to return to the suburban location where we were staying we got on the wrong train. By the time I realized it we were very much in “the country”. We got off at the next stop. Bad move there was no real station, no real town, no taxi, no phone, and I did not have a cell phone. Not knowing what to do we started walking back the way we came along the railroad tracks. Much later a policeman saw us and stopped us telling us we couldn’t walk the tracks and also telling us he couldn’t drive us anywhere. Frantic to get my kids back before dark we disobeyed and got back on the tracks. If he arrested me I would get a phone call! Further down the road he stopped us, let us know he was risking getting in trouble, and drove us all the way back to the hotel.

8 comments:

Stephen said...

absolutely #2.

Daniel said...

I'm going to have to go with 1 because it's too astounding. And I think Aunt Trish should not be allowed to travel any more (much like her sister, but for different reasons).

Anonymous said...

I vote #3

Mom

Kirsten said...

#3

Anonymous said...

#3. Trish, you are well travelled. Germany, Italy...

Anonymous said...

#3 is the lie

Anonymous said...

Hey if you want excitement you need to live my life a while! All I have to say is those angels who have guarded me well have had a BIG job!

Anonymous said...

I say 3.