Friday, October 24, 2008

Two Truths and a Lie - Grandpa

For those of you that had a hard time with Grandma lying, get ready to be further pained...here's Grandpa's lie.

Grandpa

1. Once while riding a Double-Decker bus in the middle of London in the middle of the night with two women, I realized we were lost and I didn't know where to get off to get to our hotel. Then a bus stopped in front of us and I thought I recognized some of the people who got off. So we asked our driver to stop and we got off our bus and followed behind them to our 'sight-for-sore-eyes' hotel.

2. Later, in our two weeks tour to Israel and other places before there, we were staying in a hotel near the Sea of Galilee. We were being served St. Peter's fish by a server when some objected to the fish with heads still on and eyes glaring. The server stated our complaint back to us: "You want head off fish?" We thought he would take it back to the kitchen but before our eyes he be-headed the eyes glaring fish.

3. After our retirement in 2002, Grandma and I were on a tour of the New England States. I was the Navigator and Grandma was the driver. We were on our way to Gettysburg and I saw on the map that we could leave the Freeway and take a short-cut that would save us many miles. We made the exit and Grandma said to me, "I think we need to get gas at this station." I looked at the gauge and told her I thought we were safe. Grandma, being the obedient wife that she is, took the short-cut and we found the crooked road under construction which required more gas than I thought. Well, you can guess what happened.

13 comments:

Matt Johnson said...

I will release the "lies" and the current score on Monday. This is your last chance to get your votes in and to get your family members to participate.

Daniel said...

It's scary how good some of you are at this. I'm going to have to guess 3.

Anonymous said...

I'll go with 3 also

Anonymous said...

Oh and I finally have free time so I'd be happy to send one in this weekend if someone would tell me where to send them. My email is sthomps9@uiuc.edu for future reference

Anonymous said...

I have to pass on this one because I know which one is not true.

Stephen said...

#2

Chris Johnson said...

Im going with 2. i think grandma and grandpa are in cohorts with each other.

Anonymous said...

#1 Dad would never be on a bus with two women....in the middle of the night....he was a Christian when he was in the army. The only other time he has been to London was with mom...unless...

#1

Anonymous said...

I was thinking the exact same thing as Mom! Number 1 is my pick too.

Kirsten said...

I'm voting 1!

Anonymous said...

I guess 3.

Jessica Johnson said...

I going to guess #1

Anonymous said...

I say 3 -I remember the story of them being lost I just can't remember the details -one woman, two, middle of the night, daytime...