Tuesday, October 7, 2008

It all makes sense now

Some people might not know (except for her boys) that my mom loves to listen to gospel music and ear piercing decibles.  When my mom first got her VW Bug, we could hear her coming from a mile away cause the music in her car was so loud. Sometimes, if I had to move her car, we would turn it on only to hear "I fly away oh Glory" and such a high volume, that it threw my equilibrium off and it would take me a few minutes to regain my composure. I would just start hitting every button I could see to make the insanity stop. There is something about hearing the Bill Gather Trio at airplane type volumes that can really effect someone.

Well, Its good to see that some things just never change.

This weekend I went down to Ohio to play in a baseball tournement in Columbus. I stayed at my moms house and had to get up at 6 to get ready to play and drive to Columbus. My mom and Matt were going to go she had to get up at 7 to get ready. I woke up at six and went down to her basement to print off the directions. All of a sudden, I heard gospel music...I figured my mom had gotten into the shower and was listening to music. I couldnt have been more wrong. I went up stairs and saw that my mom was laying in bed, with the stereo pointed right at her face (like a foot away) blasting gospel music as high as the volume would allow her too. This would have killed any normal person.  I now understand why my mom is the way she is. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

mom MADE me listen to Bill Gaither.

Everything else was a sin....

It's her fault.

I didn't know Chris was still in the house. I thought he was on the road.
It is my version of "wake-up-coffee"...and no I don't do it when the grandkids sleep over...