Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Barbara Walters Interviews Stephen!

Hi, and welcome to another Barbara Walters special. I'm Daniel Johnson, sitting in for Barbara Walters. Our guest today is Stephen Thompson. We wanted to ask him about his sexy new figure, wife Karen's wild romp through Jellystone, whether or not his recent cancer surgery would derail his plans to show art in the Southwest this summer and just what is up with all those bulldogs.

Thompson Madness: Let's start with the obvious. You're looking positively svelte!

I am 25 pounds lighter than a year ago and everyone is jealous.

TM: It's true. I'm jealous. So, that was quite a scare you gave us this year. Cancer, stomach removal. While you're recuperating will you still make the trip to showcase and sell your amazing art (thompson-western-art.com) in the Southwest like you did last summer?

No--I am not doing any shows this summer. I can't lift the booth roof.

TM: That hurts. Can't the dogs be trained to handle those kinds of things?

I'm not sure what you--

TM: So what about that Karen and her wild yearly escapade?

Karen's trip was great. I hear bits and pieces every night when I get home. I'll see if she can send you some detail--although I am not sure she's willing to tell. What happens at Jellystone stays at Jellystone.

TM: Indeed it does, Stephen. Ha ha ha (wink, wink). Indeed it does!

What's the next question?

TM: Nate. Let's talk about Nate.

As far as Nate goes, he's growing but the same as always - very obsessed with grades and doing well. Karen and I had to tell him to have some fun at college - imagine that, parents having to tell their kid to chill. He's doing well.

TM: I can't imagine that. Not without crying a little. Have I ever told you about the time my mom made me--

And then Kristen turns 24 Wednesday. I can't believe we had her when I was 15 and Karen was 12. Luckily, she's waited and held off on grandkids. She did adopt a little black child named Ollie and we baby sit quite a bit. But it's no big deal as he eats kibbles and bits so he's easy to keep happy. Plus he likes being put in his crate to nap so it's all good. All kids should be so easy...

TM: And now, a sensitive question. Forgive me, but what is up with all those bulldogs?

We have four dogs because they're way lower maintenance than our kids were. They never ask for money and are always happy to see us.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hilarious!

Anonymous said...

A few months ago Steve could not be joking like this, so it is good to hear some humor from him.

Mom