Monday, July 28, 2008

Nathan Sighting (Almost) Verified


From Stephen, who's reporting from the field:

He's about as social (at home) as Bigfoot is in the forest. We see him occasionally foraging for food in the cupboards but he is otherwise mostly invisible. He leaves early, comes home late, and mumbles a word or two in passing when he needs something. He's anxious to get back to school where he can mess his room up without consequence and stay up all night without me asking him what he's doing. The last time I saw him he was getting ready for work and threatening me with a good towel snap. So, obviously, I pretty much leave him alone. But how I long for the days he'd sit around with me and act interested in my stories, or the days I'd listen to his--acting as interested. And I miss the days when he was little and actually sort of worshiped the ground I walked on. Those were the days. So if you spot him somewhere, tell him his Mom and Dad would love to see him for more than the passing in the halls that we get now. Who knows, we might even take him to dinner if he'll pay.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think Nathan is on his way back to Champaign/Urbana---mentally, that is. We'll let you know if we see him.

I think it would be fun to have each of you little for a day. I think I will start sending pictures for everyone to guess who they are and we can imagine you are that age again.

Mom

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I'm offering a reward to anyone who can find him bring him home and make him sit down and talk to us, in normal english no grunting!

Anonymous said...

I don't grunt, I just speak at a frequency that your ears can no longer hear. Its a scientific phenomena