Wednesday, July 30, 2008

There are Actually More Bulldogs...

Stephen continues the bulldog parade:

LOLA


Lola might get jealous of the attention Otis and Elmo received so here's a picture of her doing what she does best. I am not sure if she learned it from me or I learned it from her--but it's her perfect couch potato pose. For those who don't know, Lola is the matriarch of the family and is pack leader, second only to Karen. She and I fight for second place. But when it comes to the other dogs she is definitely the queen. Nothing is done without her blessing and if one of the other dogs gets out of control she's after them to calm them down. She does not like chaos. But she's a good girl. She has free reign of the house (unlike the others) because she never does anything destructive that we know of. Then again she may be responsible for all the missing hair equipment Karen blames Kristen for. Lola is a bit stubborn though and does only what she wants to do when she wants to do it. I'm not sure if she learned that from Karen or if Karen learned that from her. When not lounging on her throne, Lola likes apple treats, ice, carrots, and her swimming pool. She would like long walks in the park but she's not exactly friendly to other dogs so we never take her. At last notice Lola remains single but is open to relationships with tall dark handsome Labs.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

man Steve...you make me want a dog.
Your's really are cute! I love your dialogs about them.

I want an update on Trish's Jack.
Last I heard he was on chemo.

Anonymous said...

I think Lola has the mother instinct for protecting. She seemed to keep an eye on the others. I had a chance to observe her when I was with Steve and Karen after his surgery. I did feel a bit sorry for her. She got scolded a few times. I think she deserves this undivided attention.

Anonymous said...

Lola is very motherly but she can also be like an old school nun yelling at her underlings for being too crazy. She likes to pick on Otis cause hes the oldest.
Stephen was wrong in saying shes open to any dark labs, Lola is racist she hates black dogs. Any others shes okay with to a point. Ollie drives her crazy and he knows it and enjoys it.