Thursday, July 3, 2008

Fireworks

Well, this blog is turning out to be fun. Fun for me to maintain and, it sounds like, fun for you guys to read.

My vision of what this can be is a document made in small fragments that, over time, will accumulate into something bigger and meaningful. If you just stop and think back on all that's changed in your life and your family's life in the past year - all that change happened in small steps. Now we have a way to be part of the changes happening in our extended family, as it happens, rather than just getting the highlights every six months, or only finding out about the really big or really bad news.

So I really hope that everyone will begin making a habit of taking a few extra seconds every week or so to send me something that I can post - anything that gives the rest of us, who don't have the benefit of living near you, anything to get a sense of what your life is about. Notes, jokes, pictures, video, amusing stories, articles that inspired you, music that you can't get out of your head. I know that, as a father, I could blog every day just about the brilliant stuff Claire does. Add to that my own pursuits and the beautiful times I share with Kirsten and... well, there's no reason anybody should have trouble contributing if it's something they want to do. But only do it if you enjoy it. And if you enjoy reading this, you can bet that everybody else will enjoy reading about you, and about your kids, dogs, guitar solos, bad sense of direction, tattoos, scrabble victories....

---

To take us into the holiday weekend (during which I am going to thoroughly enjoy myself, relaxing and making music), I thought I'd post some pictures from Tuesday night. Kirsten and I took Claire to the Farmington Hills fireworks show. It was amazing and Claire ate it up.









No comments: