Friday, July 11, 2008

The Tour

To take us into the weekend, Scott leads us on a guided tour of things Thompson:

Here are some really great pics from Arkansas, where I went last year to the Thompson family reunion.

This picture is of Grandma Thompson's house when she was a kid. It's way out in the country.


This is a pic of my grandparents' grave stone. This is Grandma's parents. A grave visit is very important to their generation.


The church where grandpa first preached.


Another grave, this one for Grandma Thompson's grandparents, my great grandparents. (grandma Waldron's parents). It was taken in a far away hidden little graveyard.


Auntie and Uncle John's house. A place where we all have great memories.


The Pocahontas courthouse-in the center of town.


The bridge over the Black River. Crossing this was fun - the Thompsons were on one side, the Waldrons/Washams were on the other side.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow...loved the picture of mom's childhood home. At first I thought you meant our Grandma Thompson and I thought ...that house is amazing for being that old. It is cute in a country way.
We need a picture of the church mom and dad got married in.

Funny how that bridge has such good memories for us....and the long dirt road to Grandma and Grandpa's house in the country.

I could smell Aunties house in the picture...smelled like Dove soap...and there is probably tea and a chocolate pie in the refrigerator....

Anonymous said...

Thanks Scott for putting those pictures on. I would not have thought of it.

Just a little inofromation....the house is at Hamil, AR and my father had it built (probably helped build it) in the early
40's or late 30's. He owned the farm there. I have some really good memories of that place. He later sold the farm in 1944 and moved us to Pocahontas so Auntie and I could go to high school---a great sacrifice for him!

Mom/Grandma

Anonymous said...

One thing I forgot. The church that you show was also the school house where we went to school when we lived at Hamil. Of course it has been renovated. Just ironic that I would go to grade school there and many years later go there with your dad/grandpa for church.

Mom