Thursday, July 31, 2008

Our First Contest

Grandma Betty has thrown down. She's initiated the first-ever Thompson Madness competition and she's calling it "Guess Who."

It's pretty simple. She'll give us a picture of one of her grandchildren and we'll all try to guess who it is. The winner will receive a lifetime's supply of their favorite Grandma dessert, delivered weekly in the mail from Grandma. (My prize choice would be no-bakes, but sadly I have to exclude myself from the competition.) Also, she says that her children are excluded, so I guess this is only open to my cousins and their genius children.

Easy enough? Okay, whoever guesses right first wins. GO!

11 comments:

Kirsten said...

Am I allowed to guess? My guess is Chris!

Chris Johnson said...

Thats very hurtful Kirsten.

Kirsten said...

Oh, I hear ya. That cute little bow on your head is killing me.

Daniel said...

Chris was never that pretty.

Now, Matthew, on the other hand... put some costume jewelry and some makeup on that boy and he was all ready to play tea!

Gabriel Thompson said...

Sarah?

Anonymous said...

Gabe...you win cookies from Grandma!

Anonymous said...

Hey family...today is Daniel's birthday. The oldest grandchild is 32!
You all have been able to see some of his wonderful giftings and his thoughtful heart through this blog.
I have had a front row seat to his life and love the man he became. He is a wonderful father to Claire, companion for Kirsten and son to me. I love conversing with him and find him hilarious in a kind way.

Happy Birthday Son!
I am so glad I was blessed to be your mom.

Daniel said...

First of all, we haven't had confirmation from Grandma that Gabe actually guessed correctly. I mean, that baby is obviously Blankenhorn in origin, but it could have just been Trish and Rich having a little jokey time at Richard's expense and sticking a bow on his head for yuck yucks. You know, the way that my mom used to get Matt all dolled up and take his glamor shot.

Second, there is no lifetime's supply of baked goods for the winner. I made that part up. It's kind of like that Will Ferrell movie Semi-Pro where they keep having prize contests but can't actually deliver any of the prizes they promised. Sorry Gabe, but we congratulate your sharp eye nonetheless.

Anonymous said...

You win Gabriel!!!! It is Sarah. I will have some cookies for you the next time I see you.

Grandma

Anonymous said...

What a precious baby -she's just as precious now!

Trish

Anonymous said...

What an adorable Baby! She's even more adorable now!