Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Just Say No

Claire's hooked on DVDs of The Littles. Do you remember The Littles? I remember The Littles. It was one of my favorite cartoons when I was a kid, the irresistible saga of a race of six-inch-tall humanoids with mouse-like features living in the ducts of suburban homes. They were tiny but they had huge hearts, as this soundbite with a subtle message will attest. In it, they're watching with concern the plight of big-person Angela, whose mother's pill popping has spiraled dangerously out of control. Claire and I were riveted.

The Littles







7 comments:

Chris Johnson said...

Matt....you got this one to make fun of Daniel, or should I take it?

Anonymous said...

That's some heavy message.

Anonymous said...

That was actually sad. I can see Claires eyes now....

Daniel said...

Didn't mean to bum anybody out. I just thought it was hilarious.

Anonymous said...

I must be missing something.
What PART did you find hilarious:

* The mom's obvious emptiness?
* The devastation of addiction?
* The despair of the little girl who's mom was emotionally neglecting her?
* The contemplation of suicide as the answer?

You're funny...I love you. Can we hear another episode....(<>:

Anonymous said...

That was sad, though it had a good thought with the girls wanting to help an adult and they knew what to do. Maybe I missed something in it but....

Daniel said...

It's funny because the writers are essaying through the characters in that blatant, heavy-handed way that only children's cartoons can. It's funny because of how UN-subtle it was.

NEVERMIND!