Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Tyrus Design

Chris posts:

As everyone knows, I recently got married to Jessica. If some of you don't already know, Jessica has Cystic Fibrosis (lung disease), diabetes, cirrhosis of the liver, and scoliosis. Because of all of these, she is considered physically disabled and cannot work. Pretty much her job in life is to fight to stay alive. We are a one income family home and this causes me to work a ton of hours. I wouldn't have it any other way. However, the long hours cause me to be away from home a lot and I miss spending time with my family.

Because of this, I have decided to take a big step forward and start the process of starting my own web design business. I taught myself to build websites about 7 years ago, but took breaks from it here and there. I had to build a website for my current job, and decided then that this is what i love to do and want to make a career our of it. Going back to school would be way too expensive and time consuming, so I started to do tutorials online and read any book I could get my hands on. My company is called Tyrus Design. I am currently building my website now, but hope to have my business up and running by the end of August. Here are a couple of pictures of what it is going to look like. If any of you have any suggestions on what I should do or don't do, let me know. I am teaching myself the whole aspect of design so I know I am no Steve Thompson yet.....but I am working on it.






19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Christopher...I LOVE your heart.

I am website ignorant...but I liked the look.

Anonymous said...

Christopher,

I admire your drive to do what your heart is in. That's what your Uncle Steve.

Also, your priority of wanting to spend time with your family. I am like your mother, I don't know much about web sites so I have no suggestions. Just keep going!

Grandma

Kirsten said...

I'm very impressed!

Stephen said...

Chris--anything worth having is worth working hard for. Best piece of advice I ever got was from a minister who asked me what I wanted, how bad I wanted it, and what I was willing to do to get it. That's a good litmus test for anything you think about doing. Just keep at it and keep the passion afire. Oh, and charge people a lot!!! : )

But just don't let it consume you. Nothing is worth missing out on family moments.

Best of luck!

Jessica Johnson said...

I'm so proud of Chris. He does such a good job at website design and I'm not being partial at all. He really is good.
He truly has a gift for this sort of thing.
I love having him around more to. So does Sepporah. :)

Daniel said...

I particularly like the logo.

Anonymous said...

I left off a word in my comment. I meant to say, "That is what your Uncle Steve did."

Grandma

Daniel said...

Grandma, a couple more typos like that and I'm going to have to revoke your blog privileges.

Anonymous said...

It's killing me that I can't make fun of Chris right now without it seeming totally inappropriate. I'm going to wait a couple of days and then begin the teasing.

As for now, I really do like the design.

Anonymous said...

I concure.

Anonymous said...

I concur (sp)

Anonymous said...

I CANNOT BELIEVE MOM WAITED A WHOLE DAY TO CORRECT HER TYPO...

annd too thinkk yu our a pubblished
righter mum...

Chris Johnson said...

Matt..kudos to you for waiting. It has been 24 hours now, so, being the smart alec that I am, I am always game for a good put down. If you can find anything in this blog that you can make fun of, i will be very impressed. But I dont think you can. cause your jokes are LAME!

Daniel said...

Now seems like an appropriate time to remind everybody that Chris will soon be celebrating his 31st birthday. Mark your calendars!

Anonymous said...

Boys...use your cell phones.

Balices Pieces said...

I love the banter...

What's the Web site? Is it tyrusdesigns.com?

Anonymous said...

Phyllis I'm so glad you are such a good speller. Your high school english teacher would be very impressed!

Mom

Chris Johnson said...

The website is tyrusdesign.com its not up yet. i just finished the basic layout of it all, now i had to slice it and put into dreamweaver before i upload it. hopefully i will have it done in 2 more weeks. we shall see.

Anonymous said...

Chris,
I hope you copyright (or whatever you do to protect your design) I love the visual. Sounds like I will have to hit your web site as I am totally ignorant of these things! Jessica you have evey right to be proud! We are glad you are a part of our family!

Love you,
Aunt Trish